question regarding my status and how to maintain my status

I was laid off on 23rd feb and currently on my grace period from my full time job. I'm currently on my 6th year H1b recapture time which is valid until june 1,2024

I've had another employer who filed my green card process, the perm was sent on march 17th last year. 

But inorder to join that company and extend my h1b visa, I'll need to find a project or they are not going to have me on their payroll and extend my visa. 

Given the current job market, I'm trying to find a job but not sure if I can land a job in a month timeframe. In this case, what are my options? 

I'm also considering switching to F1 visa and study again until I find a job and transfer back to my H1b, but I will finish the course as well. 

H1 and i-140 question:

My perm will be pending for more than 365 days by march 17th with employer-A, can transfer to employer-B within 60days of current grace period and seek one more year of h1b extension with employer-B?

H1-to-f1 question:

My grace period is untill april 23rd, can i wait until april 10th and apply for f1 status which the course will start on may 15th? Will I be in legal status during the timeframe april23rd- May 15?

If I get accepted into college, how do I submit the change of status? The college advised that I've do it on my own. How long does it take to apply for change of status because I've classes to earlist semester starting on next monday.

1 hour ago, mkm44 said:

I was laid off on 23rd feb and currently on my grace period from my full time job. I'm currently on my 6th year H1b recapture time which is valid until june 1,2024

I've had another employer who filed my green card process, the perm was sent on march 17th last year. 

But inorder to join that company and extend my h1b visa, I'll need to find a project or they are not going to have me on their payroll and extend my visa. 

Given the current job market, I'm trying to find a job but not sure if I can land a job in a month timeframe. In this case, what are my options? 

I'm also considering switching to F1 visa and study again until I find a job and transfer back to my H1b, but I will finish the course as well. 

H1 and i-140 question:

My perm will be pending for more than 365 days by march 17th with employer-A, can transfer to employer-B within 60days of current grace period and seek one more year of h1b extension with employer-B?

H1-to-f1 question:

My grace period is untill april 23rd, can i wait until april 10th and apply for f1 status which the course will start on may 15th? Will I be in legal status during the timeframe april23rd- May 15?

If I get accepted into college, how do I submit the change of status? The college advised that I've do it on my own. How long does it take to apply for change of status because I've classes to earlist semester starting on next monday.

It seems you are looking for specific legal advice and would like to discuss various options that you may be able to utilize, but it will depend on more facts of your situation. For such personally tailored advice it is best you call our office and speak to one of our H1B attorneys so they can help guide you.