On H1-B 6th year Employer decided not file PERM after completing PWD

I am on my 6th year H1-B and it expires in 12/1/2024. My PERM process was ongoing but last year due to layoff the Employer pause PERM Process from May 2023 - January 2024. My employer told me last week that they will not be filling for my PERM process anymore because I don't have enough time left and due to Market condition (They are pretty stuck on this decision). 

The option they gave is to look for job outside US partner firm but since this is a big 4 consulting firm, I will have to network and find a role and go through interview to get hired and I can try coming back to US after a year, but again US office should be able to rehire(so look for job again in the US) and can bring me on L1 visa.

I am trying to explore what my other options are. Should I go on B1/B2 visa and look for another Job that way I don't lose the amount of time I have left on H1-B and ask other employer to file PERM. Any thoughts / other option suggestions will be helpful.