Card/Document production

ra.dineshkumar

Hi,

I sent my EAD application to USCIS on July 14th and this petition reached them on July 19th. I got a notice receipt within one week. Until yesterday status was 'Initial Review' today status has changed to 'Card/Document production'

Quote:

On August 17, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Unquote

Could anyone please tell what is status about..I have not completed my biometric test as well

Generally this means that the EAD application was approved and a card is being printed to be mailed to you

Your questions seems to be" How could this happen when you were not fingerprinted"

If that is so, sometimes USCIS does not need fingerprints and is able to retrieve them from previous ones (including a finger print taken when you entered at a port of entry recently on any visa status)

So don't worry, it appears to be good news in your case

I had field electronically for EADs 3 times and in all cases my application time line was similar to yours so no need to worry

Archived