PERM in progress and H1B Maxout 6years

THNK1

My husband's H1B visa  maxout 6 years this March 6th 2024. His Perm is in progress (filed in April 2023) and he is here in USA all 6 years without going to India.

As we are not sure if Perm will be approved on time in parallel we applied for H4-B and H4 EAD in mid of  November 2024. Till now there is no update on that so far except the receipt of confirmation from USCIS .

We have a high school going kid and we have a house in the mortgage and Vehical loan on his name , Please suggest what to do now and is there any way to expedite PERM or get his 7th year H1B Extension 

He will be eligible for a 1-year extension of his H-1B status only in April 2024 (or a 3-year extension if his I-140 is approved).  The pending perm application cannot be expedited. It appears that his change of status to H4 has already been applied and pending as well. If you have additional questions or require case specific advice do consult with an immigration attorney.

pls help answering this question , should my husband leave if he don't get an update of approval from PERM and I-140 filing or H4 B approval before the Max-out date?? I mean can he  continue to stay as H4B receipt is received ( taking PTO till he gets EAD/PERM approved+I-140 filed)

pls help answering this question above , should my husband leave US if he don't get an update of approval from PERM and I-140 filing or H4 B approval before the Max-out date?? I mean can he  continue to stay as H4B receipt is received ( taking PTO till he gets EAD/PERM approved+I-140 filed)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My H1B expired on 2021. I had 8 days left to maxout. I left US without processing PERM at that moment . Now I got a job offer from a company and they want to start processing PERM followed by i140 and H1transfer on that H1. Is it possible? 

Edited by Debi1
More details