Travel to India while On Termination Notification Period

Hi,

Due to mass layoff at my org, I have been given a 60 days termination notice and my last date of employment is march 11, 2024. I have a travel planned to India in the coming weeks and I am on H1B. Can I travel to India while I am on notification period and return back to USA (by Jan end) without any issues ? Or will I be not allowed to enter since I am on Notice period from my employer. Please help me since my travel is unavoidable due to family circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 9:47 AM, sa40087 said:

Hi,

Due to mass layoff at my org, I have been given a 60 days termination notice and my last date of employment is march 11, 2024. I have a travel planned to India in the coming weeks and I am on H1B. Can I travel to India while I am on notification period and return back to USA (by Jan end) without any issues ? Or will I be not allowed to enter since I am on Notice period from my employer. Please help me since my travel is unavoidable due to family circumstances.

Provided you are still working pursuant to the terms of the H1B petition, even though there is a future end date, you should be able to re-enter the U.S. pursuant to a valid H1B visa.