Is the fiance visa or spouse visa process quicker for bringing your partner to the United States?

Recommended Posts

Generally, there are no means of expediting an immigrant visa in a case like this. If you are already married and your spouse is abroad, you are able to file the I-130 petition for consular processing, and then after its approval go forward with the consular process. This can likely take about 2 years. 

In addition, simultaneously with the I-130, you have the option of filing for K3. However, processing times are about the same but often individuals file for both, just in case one is adjudicated faster than the other. If you are not married yet, fiancé petition is an option, but that process also can take a long time. Or, if your soon to be wife is here in the U.S. there are other avenues available. You should discuss your situation with one of our attorneys to understand best way forward.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.