VISA stamping at Canada.. please advice.

ijoseph

Hello All,

I'm planning to book H1b Visa appointment at Toranto,Canada. Need your valuable suggestions.

Let me explain my situation. I've been in US from Jun 2008 onwards and shifted my employer from x to y on Aug 2010, which means I was issued a new I797. The I797 was approved for 1 yr which expires on Oct 2011. In the mean time I've filed for I797 extension. My employer suggested me to go to Toranto,Canada for stamping since I have travel plan to India Oct end. I have few questions regarding stamping, can someone please expain.

Mentioned below are the questions.

1. Am I eligible to attend the visa renewal at Canada. I havent done masters at US.

2. Since I do not have a stamping after shifting the employer am I eligible to go to Canada for stamping.

I have the supporting documents with me i.e,

1. W2's

2. Pay stubs

3. Client letter

Inspite of having these will there be a problem during stamping.

Please advice. Your suggestions are very much valuable to me.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming you will be doing the logical thing of going to Canada after your extension petition is approved (no point in getting a visa till oct 2011 based on your old approved petition), and assuming that you are applying for the same visa category (h1b) that is currently in your passport, yes.. you are eligible to go to canada for stamping.

Look at this:

The consulate general of Canada website mentions that H1B visa holder required documents and puts in a clause at the end : “Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to H-1Bapplicants if their education and /or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the U.S. or Canadaâ€

Archived