is waiting time is same for tech vs nurse green card process.

I currently have an EB2 visa with a priority date in 2019, and my wife is pursuing a nursing career. I'm curious about the likelihood of obtaining a green card through the medical field. I've heard that the USA is experiencing a shortage of nurses and medical professionals, which might lead to faster green card processing for them compared to those in the tech industry. Is this information accurate?

Edited by venuchandaka
grammer corrections
  • venuchandaka changed the title to is waiting time is same for tech vs nurse green card process.
On 10/30/2023 at 5:38 AM, venuchandaka said:

I currently have an EB2 visa with a priority date in 2019, and my wife is pursuing a nursing career. I'm curious about the likelihood of obtaining a green card through the medical field. I've heard that the USA is experiencing a shortage of nurses and medical professionals, which might lead to faster green card processing for them compared to those in the tech industry. Is this information accurate?

What you've read/heard is referring to the Schedule A green card process for nurses. The Schedule A green card process skips the recruitment part of the normal PERM process because the labor application is considered pre-certified. Essentially turning a three-part green card process into a two-part green card process. However, country visa limitations as determined by the visa bulletin each month is not bypassed. A Schedule A beneficiary will still need to wait for their priority date to be current before a green card/immigrant visa can be issued.