H1B Transfer process to a new employer from India after visa validity expiry

__DN

Hello,

My H1b stamped visa with the current employer is active till September 2024 . The expiry date is present on the I-797 Petition document is also September 2024.

I worked from USA for the same employer from May 2022 to January 2023(8 months). Due to some personal issues I had to come back to India and now I am looking for a job change. What will happen to my h1b visa if my new employer denies to renew it till September 2024?  I am not sure if new employer will renew it till September 2024 as it depends on their policies.

What will happen to my visa if it is not renewed till September 2024?

Do we need a valid h1b visa for h1b visa transfer process?

Do we have any timeline to renew h1b visa? 

Looking forward to hear back from you!

If you want to work for a different employer in the U.S, the new employer should file an H-1B Petition for Consular Processing. Upon approval you can enter the U.S with the old but valid H-1B visa and the new petition approval. If you plan to enter the U.S after September 2024 then you should apply for an H-1B visa at the consulate abroad based on the H-1B petition approval for the company that you will be working for in the U.S.