H4 for a stepchild born in India

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am on H1B with approved I-140 living in US. Lost my wife (on H4 EAD) earlier this year due to a disease. 

I am planning to remarry someone from India. She is a divorcee with a child from her first marriage. She has full custody of the child since 2018 when the divorce was finalized. The child is 10 years old as well.

What documents will I need to sponsor H4 for the child? Can the marriage certificate + divorce decree suffice from a documentation perspective?


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.