H4 to H1 Change of status

Recommended Posts

If your H1B is timely filed as a change of status petition and is approved with an I-94 attached to the 797A approval, then there would be no need to leave the U.S. and reenter using an H1B visa. However, if you travel outside the U.S. while the change of status petition is pending it would then likely be approved but for consular processing and at that point you would need to obtain an H1B visa in your home country and then enter on H1B. I do recommend you have a 20 min consultation scheduled with one of our attorneys so you can better understand the process and steps to be taken.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.