Received Green Card. Do I "Legally" have to inform my Employer that I have received it ?

I have been with current Employer for 7+ years. I was on H1b all along. I recently received my Employment Based Green Card. Do I legally have to inform my Employer that I have received my Green Card ? As far as I'm reading online, it is the Employers responsibility to E-verify and update their i9's for every employee. I'm only asking because my H1b wages are higher than my 485J wages. The Market has been really bad recently and there are also layoffs happening within the organization. I know that I am not in line to be laid off but I am worried that If I inform my Employer that I have received my GC then they will start paying me as per the wages described in 485J as I am no longer on H1b. I have 2 kids and My wife is currently pregnant and I cannot afford to make less money than what I am currently making. I really just want to know if its ok for me to not inform my Employer that I have received my GC. Any help would be much appreciated. 

As part of the green card sponsorship process, you committed to working for your sponsoring employer in the position specified on the Form I-140 and the submitted Form I-485J. Informing your employer about your green card status demonstrates your intent to fulfill this commitment.

Generally, the salary listed on the Form I-140/I-485J is a minimum required wage set by the U.S. Department of Labor at the time of the prevailing wage determination. However, it does not prevent you and your employer from agreeing on a salary that is higher than the minimum specified on the Form I-485J as it has likely been many years since that wage determination was made, and the cost of living and market rates have since increased.

• 2 weeks later...

Attorney_6: Thank you so much for the reply. I’m still working for the same employer and don’t plan to quit anytime soon. I understand that I can work with them to set a higher salary but know for a fact I’m going to get a lot of pushback. So just wanted to know am I legally obligated to inform them that I have received my Green card ? What I realized was I may have problems during naturalization if I quit working with them in a very short time frame after receiving the GC. But I’m not going to quit working for them anytime soon which should prove my intent to fulfill the I140 + i485 J commitment. I am planning to inform them around December so it will be 6 months since my 485 was filed. If they don’t agree for a higher salary from what was listed on the i485J then I can give them my 2 weeks notice. Would there still be an issue during naturalization if I don’t inform them right away but do so in a few months ?