Arrested for Solicitation for Prostitution in NJ charges reduced to disorderly conduct (local county Violation)

Hi All,

In 2019 I was arrested for Solicitation for Prostitution in NJ. After a few court visits my charges were reduced to Disorderly Conduct. My criminal lawyer worked with an immigration lawyer and I agreed to plead guilty for disorderly conduct as I don’t have the time and patience to go for a trail. My case is a defendant’s admission not a sting operation. I am sure it’s a nightmare and a bad day but came out stronger after that. I am here to see if anyone has experiences with the Visa stamping and what to expect. I’m working with my immigration attorney to put all the paperwork together and also scheduled an interview with “Argo Visa” make sure I give all I got. If someone has a similar situation or anything related please comment. Any help/support is highly appreciated. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am on my H1B. 

New Delhi: 09Oct2023

In person interview:

Interview went well. But the VO issued a “221G - Yellow Slip”. Asked about my arrest and I explained what happened and the final disposition. But the VO said they need more time to review my documents.

Current Status: Refused

Happy to share my case progress. But FYI: I am reading a lot of posts from Facebook groups saying 221G processing is taking forever. B/w 10 days to 5 months. So plan accordingly. I will share all the information ℹ️ if I have any status updates on my case.

Make sure to get (Court)

1. Final Disposition

2. Court Transcripts on how your case was resolved.

3. Summons documents/ Arrest record.

we might not need to submit all this documents. But from my experience it’s good to have those handy so it will be easy for an immigration attorney to review the case and assess everything.  I will also provide you with my immigration attorneys info. (I paid 3K flat) but again let’s see what happens with my case. Don’t worry much. Just take it easy it’s just one bad day. focus on everything else in life. This too shall pass. 🤞. Be cautious moving forward.

• 2 months later...
On 10/11/2023 at 4:32 PM, bankingman66 said:

Thanks. I have started planning my 6 months to 12 months mentally. Please keep me updated.

Hey, I got my Visa. It took me 62 days. As mentioned I fully prepared prior to my interview. I was issued a 221G Yellow slip to review my arrest record. My Immigration attorney helped me with all the required documents, DS-160 and interview process. Plan accordingly. You should get your visa but have everything prepared prior to the interview. Work on a strategy and be confident if the law is on your side and you are confident you will get it. Some tips: Don’t do drop box go for in person interview if you want to save time and except a 221G to review your docs. be prepared with your file and plan accordingly.

Except:60-90 days for your case to clear. Try emailing the NVC every 10 days after your interview/ submission of the documents. After 60 days if your case is still pending email NVC and call NVC to escalate your case. You can find the info. on 221G help page related to Embassy/ Consulate. Good luck with your preparation and be happy you will get your Visa and don’t worry much. Hope this helps||