No 221g slip but orally said Under process - Meaning???

Ramaguru

Hi All,

Last month(16th Aug) I'd been to the Chennai consulate for h1 and h4 with dependants. Apart from our passports,i had given my original LCA, I797B, and offer letter.When asked for a client letter, i said my employer didn't given.when asked about my low package, i said i amok and i know.(provided its as per the USCIS level-1 package said in government portal)
post interview, he said ,my case should undergo some sort of process and asked me to check my email frequently.....Not sure why he hasnot given this 221g form and what sort of process it is?Can someone give some insights?

It sounds like they may want to check with the client to see if the project still exists, but this is just a speculation based on the information you provided.  We have a Murthy India affiliate office that focuses on consular / visa stamping issues.  If you go to www.murthyindia.com, you can find their contact information for Chennai there.