F1, H1B, B1/B2 and other issues

Makhan

Hello,

Below is my case. Appreciate if you can answer my queries.

1. From 2001 till 2005 I was in USA persuing my Master's

2. From 2005 till 2006 I was on OPT which was expiring in August with an approved H1B starting from October 2006

3. In August 2006 I travelled back to India and went to Chennai for H1B stamping I got 221G so my visa was on hold until Jan 2008

4. In Jan 2008 my visa was stamped but I never got a chance to travel so my visa expired in 2009 and since I did not travel back to the USA my employer later revoked the visa.

5. Now I am 43 I am planning to do my MBA from USA, I got admission from a university without GMAT score

6. My family and I have a B1/B2 visa stamped which is valid until 2032.

My Questions:

1. What is the success rate of F1 with only one I-20(this admission was without GMAT).

2. My son will be applying for F1 in 2 years, will it be a problem for him to get F1 while I am already on F1.

3. If I take my family on F1 dependent visa, what will happen to my son's visa status when he goes to the University

4. Since my H1B was already approved will I be able to just get in extended if I find any employer. Also , if I have my family on an H1B dependent visa, what will happen to my son's visa status when he goes to the University?

5. Are we going to have any issue with the already approved B1/B2 visa? In case any of us have any visa rejection will it have any impact on the existing B1/B2 visa.

Thanks

Makhan

Your situation may require a deeper analysis and explanation which is more suitable for a consultation with an immigration attorney than a simple response to your questions in this forum. Our attorneys are very knowledgeable in this area and can provide you with the analysis and legal advice you are looking for.

In short, however, if you are able to obtain an F-1 visa, your spouse and children under 21 should be eligible for F-2 visa classification to accompany you to the U.S. provided they meet all their individual eligibility requirements, including evidence of financial ability.