B2 visa extension question

Hi ,

My parents are visiting me and their 6 month stay will complete in Jul 1st week.

I applied for extending their stays in May end and they had their fingerprinting appointments on June 23. I applied online so had to apply for their extension separately. My mon got approval for 6 month extension until Feb 2024. However, we haven’t heard any response for my dad’s application. This is a bit strange as I applied for their extension on the same day and they had fingerprinting done on the same day.

My question:

1. Why my dad’s approval didn’t come yet even though my mom’s approval came within 2 months of submitting application and fingerprinting?

2. Should my dad submit additional document through his account highlighting that his wife got extension approval, so it would be great if his extension is approved too?

Pls advise. 

Thanks for your help!!

There is no way to know precisely why one case was approved more quickly than the other, but that is not particularly unusual. It could be something as simple as the applications being assigned to two different officers, one of whom is much quicker at reviewing cases. Assuming the case is still within standard processing time, there generally would be no need to submit additional documents. (And, USCIS is unlikely to expedite the processing of one case simply because the spouse's case has been reviewed.)