Address history and Police Clearance Certificate

(If this is an FAQ item around here, I'd appreciate a link!)
Two questions related to sponsoring parents for a green-card. In the form, they ask for the following:
  1. Residences: All addresses they (the parents) stayed since they were 16! My mom remembers most addresses, but not all. What do you do in this case? Can you provide approximate addresses (just city/state vs. full address)
  2. Police clearance certificate: My parents have been living at their current place for the past 13 years. Do they need to get just one police clearance certificate, or do they need certificates from ALL locations they've been in since they were 16 years old?
If you've sponsored a parent or relative for green card and know answers to this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
Thank you so much!

Police clearance certificates are per country. Whether an individual needs a police clearance certificate from more than one country (other than the individual's country of nationality) will depend on an individual's residential history in other countries and if an individual has a criminal history in any country.