Approval notice but no GC yet

jintax99

My case - EB2 India, PD June 2006.

Filed 485 in July 2007, case was transferred to TSC.

Biometrics in November 2007.

On May 10 2011 I and my wife received a courtesy copy of the approval notice (dated May 2 2011) for our 485, saying the application was approved.

The notice had the statement that we may need biometrics before we get the cards. The lawyer later confirmed that he received the original of the approval notices.

On May 13 2011 got a notice for me and wife to appear for biometrics on May 20. My lawyer remarked this was unusual to get a biometrics after approval.

When I checked the online status on May 13 it showed Card/Document Production - "On May 11 we mailed the document to the address on file ..". I

am pretty sure the document mailed on May 11 was the biometrics notice.

We attended the biometrics appointment on May 20 and now my online case status shows Card/Document Production - "On May 23 we mailed the document

to the address on file .."

However so far (June 2) I have not received any document from USCIS nor the green cards themselves.

I am wondering what I should do in this situation? Should I just wait till June 23 (one month from the May 23 mail date) and contact USCIS if I have not received anything? Or should I call USCIS now and ask what document was sent? Also does anyone in a similar situation have an idea what document could have been mailed? I am assuming it is not the cards themselves since people have reported getting them within a couple of days via Priority Mail.

Any advice and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Archived