Hi looking for some guidance on my GC situation. I'm currently on EB2, with a 2016 priority date. With dates stagnating/retrogressing, I am looking for options to move to EB1. I have the following questions regarding the Multinational Manager (EB1C) option:

1. What is the formal definition of "Managerial position" for EB1C? Does this mean having at least 1 tier of direct reports, in at least 2 different countries?

2. Do I have to quit the US entity of my company and work for a non-US entity of my company for a year? Or do I only have to be physically outside of the US?

3. Can I return on H1 to file EB1C, or will it only be possible if I return on L1? If the latter, I believe that will impact the answer to #2 as well.

4. If I can return on H1, will my current H1 be still valid on my return? As of now, it is valid through 2025.

5. If my EB2 date becomes current while I am outside the US, can we apply for change of status on that application instead?