I140 RFE employment letter

Raj0511

I received an RFE for my i140 processing , asking for a detailed employment letter with my previous experience and if employer can’t provide employment letter USCIS asked me to provide a detailed letter from my previous employer asking for what policies stopping them from providing a experience letter. I reached out to my employer But my employer is not interested in providing a detailed employment letter. What is the best way to get the employment letter from my employer. While filing my i140 I have provided affidavit from an employee who worked for my employer. Still received a RFE asking for detailed employment letter. Please provide your suggestions to get a detailed employment letter from my employer. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Raj0511
  • Raj0511 changed the title to I140 RFE employment letter
  • 2 weeks later...

The law requires a detailed experience letter from the actual employer; the only way to deal with not having such a letter is by first documenting the employer's refusal to provide such a letter. Such documentation generally must be in the form of writing, such as an email. Then the person must provide other documents as "secondary evidence" which are various documents generated during the employment to show one worked for the company. These documents may include promotion letters, an employment confirmation letter, a letter given to use as part of visa application at consulate, and others. Finally, one can provide affidavits from other people who worked at the company and can attest to the job duties one performed. One is generally required to provide at least 2 affidavits for that testimony to carry weight. One may wish to consult with an attorney for specific legal advice.