i140 RFE

Raj0511

I received an RFE for my i140 processing , asking for a detailed employment letter with my previous experience and if employer can’t provide employment letter USCIS asked me to provide a detailed letter from my previous employer asking for what policies stopping them from providing a experience letter. I reached out to my employer But my employer is not interested in providing a detailed employment letter. What is the best way to get the employment letter from my employer. While filing my i140 I have provided affidavit from an employee who worked for my employer. Still received a RFE asking for detailed employment letter. Please provide your suggestions to get a detailed employment letter from my employer. Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

If you are not able to get a good experience letter pursuant to 8 C.F.R. § 204.5(g)(1), then you should supplement that primary experience letter (relieving letter for example) with secondary evidence -  2 colleague affidavits and a self affidavit to confirm the experience.  To discuss the RFE in more detail, it is best to schedule an appointment with an attorney.