Parents green card application rejected help please

Hey folks, I’m looking for some urgent help. my parent's green card got rejected because they sent for interview request and they revoke that saying there was no need for an interview and today I am receiving a letter and a notification saying that the green card for my parent has been rejected because she missed the appointment so I am perplexed and I don’t know what to do. What are my options because I’m talking to an attorney and he or she is telling me to reapply and go through the whole process and I’m just worried that given the age of my parent I’m not sure if they want to go through this all over again and have this long wait time 

• 1 month later...

When an application is denied for failure to appear when in fact the interview was cancelled, one generally has the option of filing a motion challenging the denial. Refiling the application is also an option. Motions do not have standard timeframes for processing though, so if that is the course chosen it is important to be mindful of the time to decide whether to take any other action(s).