“Administrative Processing” status

Hello,

back in 2018 I was charged with DV, case was closed before bench trial in court and charges were dismissed. I went to India six months afterwards and got my visa renewed. Since it was direct in person interview, VO asked for certified court disposition document only. Got my visa stamped in 12 days afterwards.

now after 4 and half years I had to visit India for emergency, I had Dropbox appointment. the status of visa changed to Refused and  The passports were returned with a white slip on which certified court documents were asked to submit at any VAC location.

now once passports were delivered to embassy. Case status has been updated to Administrative processing

just wanted to know anybody faced similar issue with visa stamping? How much delay can be expected? Specially passports are still with embassy and I don’t have any color slip received.

• 5 months later...
On 6/2/2023 at 3:35 AM, Akash_champ said:

Hello,

back in 2018 I was charged with DV, case was closed before bench trial in court and charges were dismissed. I went to India six months afterwards and got my visa renewed. Since it was direct in person interview, VO asked for certified court disposition document only. Got my visa stamped in 12 days afterwards.

now after 4 and half years I had to visit India for emergency, I had Dropbox appointment. the status of visa changed to Refused and  The passports were returned with a white slip on which certified court documents were asked to submit at any VAC location.

now once passports were delivered to embassy. Case status has been updated to Administrative processing

just wanted to know anybody faced similar issue with visa stamping? How much delay can be expected? Specially passports are still with embassy and I don’t have any color slip received.

Unfortunately, there is not a standard delay when a case is in administrative processing. The general recommendation is to follow-up with the consulate if a month has passed since submitting the required documents and there is still no update.