Question regarding H1-B Visa and PERM processing

hgan

Dear All,

I am posting this to clear a couple of doubts regarding my H1-B and PERM Processing.

I am on an H1-B work visa and my PERM application processing is currently in progress (not yet approved) with my current company.
Couple of scenarios I would like get clarification on:

1. The SOC code on my H1B LCA is 15-1132 (Title: Data Engineer) and the SOC code on my PERM application is 15-2041 (Title: Statistician). Although PERM/I-140 is for future employment purpose, will this difference in SOC codes on my applications create any problems for me in future while extending my H1B beyond 6 years? As in, PERM/I-140 having SOC code & job title different than my LCA/H1B petitions.
2. With this SOC code being of a different classification, will this cause any issues to me while applying for my GC processing in terms of my employment?

Will be waiting to read from you and thank you much in advance for your time to clear my doubts.

A PERM position can be different than an H1B position, therefore, the differing SOC codes between your PERM and H1B positions should not affect your H1B extension nor your green card application.

Every case is different. Therefore, prior to taking any specific action it is advisable to speak with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney as there are nuances to any situation and approach. https://www.murthy.com/client-services/hire-us/