Move to different location and position within same company inbetween PERM process

Im working in Jacksonville,FL and my company has filed fo GC(I-140) and currently its in DOL review stage.

I recently got married and my husband works in NY. Im thinking of moving from FL to NY with same company but different team.

Please Note - I have valid H1B approved and stamped till Aug 2025.

1) Should i Apply for H1B amendment? - I thought of not applying for H1B amendment as my H1B is already approved and stamped and valid until Aug 2025. - Will there be any risk associated with this?

2) If i apply for H1B amendments? How will it affect my process? will the process be started from my PWD?

• 5 months later...
On 5/1/2023 at 5:36 PM, Sowmyajayaraj said:

Im working in Jacksonville,FL and my company has filed fo GC(I-140) and currently its in DOL review stage.

I recently got married and my husband works in NY. Im thinking of moving from FL to NY with same company but different team.

Please Note - I have valid H1B approved and stamped till Aug 2025.

1) Should i Apply for H1B amendment? - I thought of not applying for H1B amendment as my H1B is already approved and stamped and valid until Aug 2025. - Will there be any risk associated with this?

2) If i apply for H1B amendments? How will it affect my process? will the process be started from my PWD?

Both your H1B and PERM application are specific to the position details, the H1B is your current work authorization and the PERM is a future offer of employment. You should speak with your attorney to determine if a move from FL to NY will change those details.