RELOCATING (SAME COMPANY & SAME AREA) WHILE PERM IS IN PROCESS STAGE?

Ronn_4

Hello, 

Is it advisable to change the work location to few blocks away from my current location within same company while my PERM is pending approval? I wanted to move from location A to Location B within my current company while my PERM is pending.......do we need to repeat my PERM application again before I move to the new location (with same company)? 

Job Position is same as Current one. 

New Job location is within a mile with same company. 

Currently PERM is pending since last month and H1B extension is also in pending state. 

Please suggest.  

• 3 months later...

The PERM labor certification is for a future position. This means that the sponsored position does not need to be performed until the time that the green card is approved. This includes the location.

If the worksite change is permanent, and not just for the time that the PERM labor certification is pending, normally a new PERM process should be started. However, if the worksite moves within the same Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), no modifications are necessary.