Does opening SR hurts in anyway?

sanhursh

I have PD of 6/7/2006 in EB2 at NSC (Indian nationality). I have been waiting patiently as some of my friends gave me a thumb rule of 2-3 weeks for approval after date becomes current. However, I inquired my attorney for any action to be taken and they advised me to call customer services. I called and she advised me to go ahead and open SR. Now, did I do right thing or is it going to unnecessarily complicate the normal process? (Like the Murphy's law that if ain't broken, don't fix it...)

BTW, is NSC slower than TSC, I have been seeing faster approval from TSC.

The process by recv'd date rather than PD, and even with that it depends upon complexity of your case. for example; if you have used Ac21 or had prior 140 issues they send your app back to 140 folks for 2nd review etc.

Originally posted by remata:

My PD is jun 2nd 2006 and not received updates yet.

It's kind of weired that USCIS is not following the order. Waiting for the updates. I have created service request on 3 rd May to speed up my process.

I think actually filing a SR helps if your case is straightforward. Some others might not agree with me but I have a first hand experience of case being processed as soon as SR is opened. Here is my status

Category: EB2 India

PD: June 28 2006 (Current per May 2011 bulletin)

485 filed; Aug 2007

Rcvd date: Aug 15 2007

Receipt date: Sept 28 2007

I called USCIS yesterday to open a SR around 3PM. The rep took down my details and gave me a case # and said would get a response to my query in 30 days. Got email notfication at 11 PM the same day that both primary and dependant 485 applications have been approved now waiting for the physical cards to arrive. Thanks to everyone who has been helpful

May be I tend to agree with Abhiee. My attorney had called USCIS today and was informed that my and dependents' I-485 have been approved as of May 9th ( I had opened SR on Friday May 6th), however, I do not see any change in my case status nor have I received any mail.

I have been waiting for the physical cards to arrive now, how long does it take to reach after approval?

Did any one have similar experience?

What reason do you mention to the customer Rep when opening an SR? please share your experience.

Originally posted by abhiee:

I think actually filing a SR helps if your case is straightforward. Some others might not agree with me but I have a first hand experience of case being processed as soon as SR is opened. Here is my status

Category: EB2 India

PD: June 28 2006 (Current per May 2011 bulletin)

485 filed; Aug 2007

Rcvd date: Aug 15 2007

Receipt date: Sept 28 2007

I called USCIS yesterday to open a SR around 3PM. The rep took down my details and gave me a case # and said would get a response to my query in 30 days. Got email notfication at 11 PM the same day that both primary and dependant 485 applications have been approved now waiting for the physical cards to arrive. Thanks to everyone who has been helpful

Archived