There is no status update available for the passport number submitted after submitting the passport as per Consulate's request.

Hello

First time H1-B.

Dropped my documents on Dec 13th, 2022 at the Hyderabad Consulate as I had previous US visas.
The status changed to " Refused" and the 221g slip was given when picked up my passport which said to appear for interview on Jan 25th, 2023. During Interview, the officer said, you can keep your passport and we will notify you when the process is completed to submit your passport at any VAC's.
On Feb 23, I have received the email from the Consulate to submit my passport. I have submitted my passport on March 14. 

On 28th March, the case updated on CEAC tracking website but the status still shows as "Refused" and the passport tracking email response says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted". 

How many days more for the status to change. 

Dec 13th - Dropped documents --- Status came back as Refused with 221 g

Jan 25th - Attended the Interview --- Keep the passport and we will notify you when process is complete

Feb 23rd - Consulate requested for Passport submission 

March 14th - Submitted the passport

March 28th - Case updated but status still Refused

Please let me know if anybody is through a similar situation.