Passport renewal needed for H4 dependent for second marriage

Hi All,

I got married in 2020 and I had a passport renewal in 2020 where I added my then wife’s name as spouse. I got divorced in 2022 and I’m going to remarry later this year (2023). I’m on H1B visa and my fiancée is in India. I’ll be filing H4 dependent visa for her.
We are planning to do just a formal registration in a month or two and then file for H4 and then have the actual ceremony (read as Hindu marriage not a grand wedding) later and travel back together.

Here’s my question: 

1. Can I file for H4 dependent for my second marriage even though my passport has ex wife’s name on passport. Will this raise questions during consulate interview?

2. OR Will I need to get my passport name change done before consulate interview (that’s after marriage registration) or even before marriage registration? I’m trying to avoid issuing passport renewal twice once for removal of ex wife’s name and then again adding new spouse name.

Thank you.