Can I go back to my old employer?

Recommended Posts

I was working for Employer A and later Employer B processed H1-B transfer. I joined the new employer (B) but on 2nd day I left the job with Employer B. 

Can I go to Employer A with out any new petition or amendment if the same position is open still?


If Employer B withdraw the petition will it have any impact on Employer A's petition?


If Employer B run any paycheck for the duration I am with them, will it have any impact?

Link to comment

1)      Employer A’s petition, if not withdrawn and still available, may be considered a dormant petition which may allow you to go back to that original petition/employer.   

2)      Employer B’s withdrawal of the petition should not impact Employer A’s original still-valid petition.

3)      Receiving a paycheck from Employer B should not have any impact.

Every case is different. Therefore, prior to taking any specific action it is advisable to speak with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney as there are nuances to any situation and approach.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.