Typographical error in approved I140

Hi,

I just recently came back to USA after 1.5 years lived in India due to my denied I140 in first attempt. My employer re-applied my I140 and have my approved I140 on Oct-12-2021 when I was in India. 

Now, When I check the I140 details while planning to switch employer, I found that there is a Typographical error with the Priority Date.  Instead of 09/06/2019 they have type as 09/06/2013.

1. What steps can I proceed with further?
  2. Can I switch employers knowing the fact it is a typographical error and ask them to file a case for that date change as well?
  3. Do I need to raise this concern to my current employer who filed the current I140 and get this corrected before switching to new employer?
  4. Will it impact my stay in US as there is a typo error?
  5. In general how long this takes for USCIS to correct this error? Can It be corrected when I'm filing the next I140 or changing  the status in the future?

Thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions.

Regards,

Hareesh Balakrishnan

• 4 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, OptimusPrime66 said:

Hi,

I just recently came back to USA after 1.5 years lived in India due to my denied I140 in first attempt. My employer re-applied my I140 and have my approved I140 on Oct-12-2021 when I was in India. 

Now, When I check the I140 details while planning to switch employer, I found that there is a Typographical error with the Priority Date.  Instead of 09/06/2019 they have type as 09/06/2013.

1. What steps can I proceed with further?
  2. Can I switch employers knowing the fact it is a typographical error and ask them to file a case for that date change as well?
  3. Do I need to raise this concern to my current employer who filed the current I140 and get this corrected before switching to new employer?
  4. Will it impact my stay in US as there is a typo error?
  5. In general how long this takes for USCIS to correct this error? Can It be corrected when I'm filing the next I140 or changing  the status in the future?

Thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions.

Regards,

Hareesh Balakrishnan

If there is an error on the listed priority date of the I-140 you should definitely contact your attorney and have them contact USCIS to have it corrected.