GC EAD and AP renewal - Current Immigration Status?

My GC EAD and AP is due for renewal now, I have travelled on AP but didn’t change my I9 document which means i am still on H-1B.

On GC 765 form renewal I have following doubts on question 24 and 25
"Immigration status at your last arrival ?
“Your Current Immigration Status or Category”. { should I put H-1B or AOS Pending}

Thanks in advance.

Your current status is provided on your most recent I-94. If you were admitted on your advance parole document, then you are in the United States as a parolee and are not in H1B status. A parolee can resume H1B status if a new H1B petition or renewal is filed on the individual’s behalf. Employers and employees have a responsibility to update an I-9. However, the I-9 does not determine your immigration status, rather verifies whether you are working pursuant to a valid status or work authorization.

Every case is different. Therefore, prior to taking any specific action it is advisable to speak with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney as there are nuances to any situation and approach. https://www.murthy.com/client-services/hire-us/