221G PROCESSING TIME IN CANADA

In August 2022, my wife and I had an argument which resulted in the police getting involved and I was booked under California PC 243(e)(1). However, the DA didn’t file any charges and my arrest was deemed detention only. 

I had applied for the renewal of my visa along with the H4 visas of my wife and child at the US consulate in Vancouver on January 26, 2022. During the visa interview, I mentioned the facts about the incident to the consular officer, who insisted that she see the police report. I didn’t have the police report with me since the police refused to provide me with a copy of it as the "accused". Subsequently, she asked to interview my wife separately. She then asked her a few questions about the facts of the incident and then issued a white slip to my wife mentioning a case number and that she should be sending the police report to the consulate. The consular officer didn’t return our passports, nor my approved I-797. My wife sent an email with the police report on the same date. 

Our status on CEAC shows refused and there has been no updates since the day of the interview. Has anyone had any experience with 221g at Vancouver ? Any idea how long it might take for resolution ?

• 11 months later...