H4 EAD and traveling to India

robby_254

Hi 

Background - I am currently working on H4 EAD. My current EAD expires in August 2023. My husbands (H1B) company has applied for his H1B extension, my H4 extension and my EAD extension (I765) all at the same time last month. Assuming my husbands extension approval coming through in a few weeks from now, we are considering traveling to India in May/June this year. We will be getting our visas stamped in India (drop box).

We have a question around the EAD process and on how to make sure there is no break in my employment. 

Question - If we did not receive the new EAD before we leave to India, based on what I read, the current EAD extension process will be invalidated automatically. I also know that I will get a new I94 when I enter USA again (issued by CBP). Should I ask my husbands employer to file another I765 EAD extension once we get back to USA based on the new I94 I receive from CBP? 

In case if we received my EAD (chances of which is very less given we are traveling in May) before our travel, do I still need to apply for new EAD after we come back to the USA? 

Thanks for your help.