US GC consular processing while the canadian citizenship application is under process

Hello,
I'm an Indian citizen in Canada applied for US GC consular processing and it takes a while to get the consular interview. I have my Canadian citizenship application under process parallelly. What happens to my consular processing if my Indian passport is changed to Canadian passport before i get the consular processing interview.?
Can i update the Canadian passport details to NVC? please help. Thanks!!

• 6 months later...
On 1/21/2023 at 5:50 PM, Srini_krish said:

Hello,
I'm an Indian citizen in Canada applied for US GC consular processing and it takes a while to get the consular interview. I have my Canadian citizenship application under process parallelly. What happens to my consular processing if my Indian passport is changed to Canadian passport before i get the consular processing interview.?
Can i update the Canadian passport details to NVC? please help. Thanks!!

You can continue the U.S. green card process via CP even when applying for Canadian citizenship. Once your case is being processed by NVC you can make the necessary updates.