My interview is scheduled for I-485 employment-based, but have not work for 1 year as EAD was expired. Do I need to provide other documents showing my employment?

Recommended Posts

My employment-based sponsorship started April 2021 while I was on F1 visa. My EAD expired December 2021 while my Perm, labor certificate, I-140 and I-485 was going through. I had to go back to college in another state, as it was cheaper, to maintain my status. I just got my EAD for pending AOS and scheduled for an interview after 1 year of expiration of my EAD and around 1 year and 8 months since I started the process. So, I did not work for the employer for one year now as I was not allowed legally and my interview is coming up. My question is that should I show any other documentation other than I-140, I-485 and labor certificate from the employer to show the validity of my status? Also, is studying in another state far away from employer could  be a problem or bring up doubts? When I decided to move I did not think about this. I moved to other state as it was far cheaper. Now, I am thinking it might raise a question why I relocated so far from the original company. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.