Bahamas Cruise with valid visa for 2 months and a new H1B extension approval

vish_75

Hello Friends,

I have a valid visa stamped in my passport until Feb 2023 based on my old H1B. I have booked a closed loop Bahamas cruise in December 2022 via Miami port. 

Now since my H1B will expire in February, I did a H1B extension through premium processing. I got my approval with the extension until Feb 2026. This extension as you know has the new I-94 valid until Feb 2026.

1. When I go for the Bahamas cruise, do I need to handover the new paper I-94 to the cruise line (like we do at airports when we fly out) or will there be an immigration counter at Miami who will collect the I-94?  And when I return back to Miami, will I be getting a new I-94 updated electronically?

2. Will there be an issue with going on the Cruise since I have only 2 months remaining on my visa? Will I be denied boarding? 

I spoke to the cruise travel representative before booking and they said it won't be an issue. I also spoke to Bahamas consulate and they confirmed I don't need a Bahamas visa as I have a valid US visa with which I can return. I am confused now with this situation. I want to make sure my status does not get messed up because of this I-94 situation? I called the cruise line but they don't seem to have the right answer.

If any one has faced this situation, please advise.

Thanks

• 1 year later...