H1B Visa transfered, working for new firm for last 1+ yrs, old h1 stamp expired, travel?

srijayas

Came to US on H1B of my previous employer. (Nov 2008). Got it transferred, Full time with present employer since Feb 2010. Stamp on my passport is of my previous employers which expired just recently. I had to travel out of country during July 2010, so I got a new I-94 valid until 2013 for present employer. I plan to travel out of country in Jan 2012. What is my process here? Please confirm if I need to get my new visa stamped? If yes, is the process similar to getting a new h1 stamped?

please consult a lawyer.

since your H1 visa is expired, you will need to get a new H1 visa stamp before you can return to US when you travel outside the US on 1/2012. the process should be similar when you initially applied for H1 visa stamp.

Originally posted by srijayas:

Came to US on H1B of my previous employer. (Nov 2008). Got it transferred, Full time with present employer since Feb 2010. Stamp on my passport is of my previous employers which expired just recently. I had to travel out of country during July 2010, so I got a new I-94 valid until 2013 for present employer. I plan to travel out of country in Jan 2012. What is my process here? Please confirm if I need to get my new visa stamped? If yes, is the process similar to getting a new h1 stamped?

Archived