GC is in process

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

An L-2 visa is a dependent visa for family members of an L-1 visa holder. The validity period of a dependent’s L-2 visa is directly tied to that of the L-1 visa holder’s. As such, the L-2 visa holder will need to change their status in accordance with the primary holder’s status change. For example, if the primary visa holder changes from an L-1 visa to an H-1 visa, then the dependent must also change from an L-2 to an H-4.

Similarly, if the principal L-1’s green card is approved they are no longer in L-1 status and their dependent family members are no longer considered eligible for L-2 status or eligible to enter the U.S. pursuant to an L-2 visa.

In the situation where the dependent family members did not have their own AOS and AP travel document, the now permanent resident may be required to take further steps for the family to equally benefit from the green card and enter the U.S.

Every case is different. Therefore, prior to taking any specific action it is advisable to speak with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney as there are nuances to any situation and approach. https://www.murthy.com/client-services/hire-us/

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.