221g on EVC; Changed to EC; Approved in Chennai Consulate

mgm1451

Hello All,

Here is my story.

I attended Visa interview on May 24th while on EVC model at the Chennai Consulate. Got 221g green and later my case was under admin processing. In the mean time, Vendor (american company) applied for my H1B and I attended Visa interview today at Chennai consulate and got it approved.

Questions asked:

VO: Are you going to work for a new company?

ME: Yes

VO: What does you Employer do?

ME: Explained.

VO: Are you going to work at a Client site?

ME: Yes.

VO: Who is ur client?

ME: Answered the same (fortune 100 company).

VO: Which location are u based at?

ME: Told the location.

VO: Who is ur manager?

ME: I said Manager from the Employer side.

VO: Where is ur manager based at?

ME: Told the location

VO: How do u communicate with ur manager?

ME: weekly status reports, teleconferences, in-person visits by my manager.

VO: How far is ur work location from ur Manager's location?

ME: Its about 11 miles.

VO: What is ur designation?

ME: Told as per petition.

VO: How much you are gonna make?

ME: Told as per LCA.

Thats it. Then she said the golden words 'Your visa is approved. U will get ur passport in about a week'.

I have been following this forum ever since I got the 221g. So many people (especially tapans, aryandelhi, cancer001) have gone through this same problem and got the visa approved with the direct vendor.

If u have any questions, please shoot them. I will answer the best i can. All the very best for those who are waiting.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Even I attended visa stamping (E-V-V-C model) on May 24th in Chennai and got 221g query and asked me to provide the contract agreements between all the layers.

I submitted some of the documents on Jun 16th and got reply from VFS office on July 12th asking for few more additional documents. I submitted those documents on July 15th and till now no updates from them.

I don't know that I can transfer my H1 B to another company and apply for Visa stamping again. I asked my employer and he told me that I cannot do anything unless this issue gets resolved. If I knew it then I would have definitely applied for H1 transfer.

Thanks for updating on this.

I will find out ways to apply for H1 transfer and try out my luck.

@May_17_221g_yellow

1)Did you withdraw your old visa application before you went for stamping with your new H1.

I did not. However, i carried a letter with me stating my intention to withdraw my pending application. U can do the same.

2)if you have withdrawn your application. How did you do that

-- refer to the answer to Q1 --

Archived