H1B approved I 94 Status

bhgurra

i did change of status from f1 to H1 and have my h1b approved. i filed i129 petition in premium process and yesterday they mailed

saying my i129 petition was approved and

they mentioned the below details

DOB:

Consulate Notified (If Applicable) : Hyderabad

i94 # (if applicable) : **********

Does that mean that I need to go back to India for stamping??

If so, do we have certain time period that we can stay in US before I go to the stamping if i dont recieve my I 94 attached from the petition?

this generally happens if you leave the country while your H1B along with COS request is in process.

One option is to go to India and get the Visa Stamped.

Other option is to ask you employer to file for I-94 amendment. You do not have to go out of USA for this. You will receive a new I-94.

Without the amendment or stamp you cannot work after your current work permit expires.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Anyone in this forum still here?

Today I received Email notification from my lawyer and that has following information.

Consulate Notified (If Applicable) : Mumbai

i94 # (if applicable) :89127491

My lawyer don't know whether my application got Approved with COS i94 or I need to go for stamping. He said generally i94 mentioned means Cos approved but then why consulate notified is there (Mumbai).

Can anyone please give me some info on it.

Thanks for any Responce

• 3 years later...
On 12/23/2014 at 8:12 PM, Falljob said:

Anyone in this forum still here?

Today I received Email notification from my lawyer and that has following information.

Consulate Notified (If Applicable) : Mumbai

i94 # (if applicable) :89127491

My lawyer don't know whether my application got Approved with COS i94 or I need to go for stamping. He said generally i94 mentioned means Cos approved but then why consulate notified is there (Mumbai).

Can anyone please give me some info on it.

Thanks for any Responce

Hi..I am in the same boat. Have you recieved the I94 along with the approval notice?

Archived