Visa unique situation, please help

ManishKS

Hi all, unique situation and seeking some advice...

We applied for B1/B2 visitor visa for parents in March 2021 (before the lock downs in India). We had OFC appointment on April 23 and Consular appointment was scheduled for April 30' 2021. My parents completed the OFC appointment with fingerprinting and photos done, but the consular appointment was cancelled due to lockdown started right before the appointment.

Current state: we have scheduled the consular appointment (directly took us to consular appointment assuming there was no need for another OFC) coming up next month.

Here are my questions and appreciate your inputs:

1. Do I need to fill new DS-160 forms for this upcoming appointment? Is there any validity for the already filled DS-160 forms? Not very clear information on embassy site.

2. The appointments and paid visa fees are all tied to old DS-160 form numbers. If I do need to fill new forms, how would they link to the new DS-160 form number?

3. I assume the fingerprinting and subsequent background check are also tied to the old DS-160 forms. How that would get impacted?

Any inputs from JOEF and anyone else are truly appreciated...

• 1 month later...