Customs officer misplaced the passport

Hi All,

I am on an H1B visa from the last 4years, I-140 was approved and stamping completed and my current visa is valid till Oct 2023.

I have traveled from the USA to India on Sunday, March 27th,  After completing the immigration process the airport authority officer took the passport for additional verification and misplaced it (the airport authority is unable to find the location of the passport ). 

Can you please share your suggestions for the next steps to get a passport with a visa, is there any way we can proceed with Indian authorities to get a passport with a visa as the passport was misplaced by the Indian airport authorities?

You have to follow the standard protocol and apply for a new passport with reason lost/stolen & get some documents from Immigration authority that it was lost at their facility and furnish those to your police complaint as evidence, then schedule your stamping appointment along with all documents you acquired while your passport was re-issued. 

No, Indian govt will issue a new passport only, visa is subject to applicant and has nothing to do with them.