H1B refused after dropbox

NainaV

I dropped off my passport and relevant docs at the Mumbai dropbox center on 10 Dec 2021. Today my passport was returned and I was asked to schedule a follow-up interview. The earliest available date on the portal is 1-March-2022, almost 2.5 months later.

I will probably lose my job and also won’t be able to pay my home mortgage in the US. Any recommendations/help on what can I do in this situation? I need an urgent follow-up appointment, but emergency appointments are no longer given by the embassy.

Please help!

You can send them an email explaining your situation however, there hasn't been any stories about securing an emergency appointment while not being in real/actual emergency, your best bet would be to talk/discuss with your employer/client and request an extension and approval to work remotely until you secure an appointment and update them on your precise appointment date, USCIS does not change rules for individual cases & situations. In regards to your mortgage, you may need to use emergency clause and put a hold until you get back and resume payments, some lenders offer that for a certain period. Goodluck.

Hi Naina, I'm not an expert but I remember this type of situation happening to me few years ago. I sent the documents via dropbox and when I received my passport from them, it had 221(g) in it. I was asked to get some documents from my employer and once I had those documents, I was asked to just drop by at Mumbai consulate. I didn't need to schedule another date. Is that not the thing in your case? Maybe you wanna verify that if its not clearly mentioned in 221(g) you received.