H4 Visa-Hyderabad-List of Docs2Submit

vanilla11

Dear All,

I have visa appointment on 24th August 2011, My husbend is in US, I have been trying to find proper list of documents to submit 3 days before at

Hyderabad VFS Center.All the forums I have searched so far could not give me exact list of documents.List is varied from one answer to other.

I have prepared the following.

Copy of my passport(1st, last and other observation pages)

1 photo graph(50 x 50 mm)

Copy of Visa Appiontment Letter

Copy of DS160 Confirmation

Copies of HDFC Bank Receipts(Some r suggesting, Originals are checked @ security Gate on interview day)

Copy of Principal Applicant's I-797

Copy of the letter to USCIS From his employer(Requesting H4)

Principal Applicant Passport(H1B Holder)(bio page and observation pages)

I appreciate if any one who attend interview recently at Hyderbad Consulate could correct me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

sweety.V

Hyderabad

fyi, client letter is not needed for prior submission. My wife attended on 8/22 and her visa got approved. I also had so many confusions while preparing the docs. So, we prepared for the best to have everything. But when we try to submit Client letter and everything 4 days prior..the personnal at the consulate didn't take thos.. and they accepeted only...

1. Interview letter

2. DS-160 confirmation page

3. Original HDFC receipts

4. Passport size photo

5. Passport copies

6. H1B's I-797 copy etc..

and asked us to bring the remaining docs for interview, surprisngly they didn't ask my wife any docs/questions related to client...i can't say they don't ask but we prepared for everything...bu in my case they didn't ask any.

And also one more confusion i had is ..i saw that we need to show Original I-797 (H1B's) for H4, but as i am currently staying in US and my wife only went to India for stamping, as you all know that we alwasy has to carry our H1B while we are US as that is the legal doc that we always need to have/carry...so i dared ot to send the Original and no one asked for origanl in the interview...hoep this helps!!!

Hi all

i have got my H1B stamped in Aug 2011 hyd consulate. mine has cleared 211g admin processing and got visa with in 1 month.

i am planning to travel to USA in Mid of Sep 2011.now i am planning to send my wife for her H4 visa stamping. i do not have any pay stubs to submit, as i have not yet travel to USA after stamping

i need your suggestions is it wise enough to send her for H4 stamping now or do i need to wait till we get some pay stubs working in USA.

i was there in USA and returned back on 2009 DEC and present i have applied for new H1b and got successful stamping after 221g admin processing

any suggestions regarding questions that will be asked at time of H4 interview are very valuable

thanks

Hi All

my wife is planning to attend visa interview in Sep 2011. i got my visa stamped recently and not yet traveled to USA. planning to travel once my wife also gets her visa stamped

she is planning to attend with the below mentioned documents suggest me if we are missing any and which are compulsory at the time of interview.

Copy of my passport(1st, last and other observation pages)

1 photo graph(50 x 50 mm)

Copy of Visa Appointment Letter

Copy of DS160 Confirmation

Copies of HDFC Bank Receipts

Copy of Principal Applicant's I-797

copy of Principal applicants I-129 and LCA.

copy of Client letter(EC model)

do not have pay stubs as Principal applicant not traveled to USA yet?

do we require invitation letter from my employer mentioning for H4 application.do i need original letter on my employer letter head. or copy will also be sufficient enough.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived