H-1B Stamping in the Bahamas

PP454

Hi everyone,

I got my I-140 approved in August 2021, and my H1-B approved in October 2021. However, the USCIS decided to approve my petition without a "change of status" because my employer did not file my PERM on time and my H-1B got max-out in December 2020. Since then, I couldn't go back to India due to the pandemic, I had to change my status to B2 in order to stay here legally. I am trying to go to a U.S. consulate for a visa interview (outside the country) to change my status back to H-1B. I've been employed with the same company for the past 6 years, and the company has been very supportive.

I am planning to travel outside the United States to obtain an H-1B visa stamp in my passport in the Bahamas and then return to the United States to effectuate my H-1B status. Could someone please help share their experience and understanding of how interviews are conducted in the Bahamas? Do you think it's worth going to the Bahamas? How is their interviewing going? Do you believe it will be a difficult interview based on my situation?

Also, In my I-797 approval notice, it says, "Consulate: Mumbai" so is it still OK to attend my visa interview in the Bahamas? I am not sure why the USCIS has mentioned the specific consulate place. 

Guys. I will really appreciate it if you share your knowledge and experience for the Bahamas and the change of status related expiernce.  Thank you in advance. 

Edited by PP454