Visa Appointment when H1B Amendment is pending

K.S.R

Hello,

My employer will be filing an H1b Amendment for a location change.

I will be travelling to India in January/February of 2022. I am hence looking for an appointment for visa stamping during my visit.

1. Can I book an appointment using my latest H1b Approval and if the amendment gets approved before my appointment - simply create a new DS 160 and change my profile?

2. Visa appointment will be for my wife (h4 dependent) as well. As I am trying to book an appointment, my wife is added as a dependent for the same visa interview. I don't see an option to change her DS 160 on my profile page. Will I have the option to change her DS160 as well once my appointment is scheduled? (DS160 for my H4 dependent is asking for my petition details - hence a change will be required).

3. Can I simply not change the details and let the visa officer (for an in-person interview) know regarding the change that might take place between now and the interview?

These questions are because of non- availability of appointments these days and trying to be ahead instead of waiting till the last minute for my H1 amendment to be approved.