Change country of chargeability

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2021 at 10:32 PM, gr8ferozious said:
Hello - I have a pending I-130 petition filed by my sister (PD is June 2010). She just realized that she filled in the incorrect "Country of Chargeability". Does anyone know the process to get this updated?
Thanks in advance

To fix a mistake on a form filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), wait until you get the notice that tells you the agency received it. The notice will have a receipt number or other case identifier that will make it easier for USCIS to find the form you filed. Then you should call the national USCIS Contact Center, explain the mistake, and request that they fix it. Sometimes, USCIS customer service officials will be able to fix your problem right away. If they tell you they will fix it but that it might take a while, write down the reference number they give you, in case you need to call again.

Some mistakes are too serious for the Contact Center to help you with. In addition to calling them, or as an alternative, you can send a letter to the USCIS office that is processing your form, explaining the mistake and how it should be corrected, with a new signed form. (Sometimes your form gets transferred between USCIS offices, so you might want to wait until you know the address of the office that will actually work on it.

You can check your case status online or ask the Contact Center.

Source: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/made-mistake-immigration-form-how-correct-it.html