GC Holder Out of US for more than 6 months twice consecutively!

Last time I travelled to US in Jul 2019 I was out of US for more than 9 months. The CBP official had put a remark on the PP saying I was out of US for more than 6 months.

I came out of US in last week of Dec 2020 and may NOT be able to travel within the stipulated 6 months. Will this be an issue at POE again?

Please advise!

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, Kudla said:

Last time I travelled to US in Jul 2019 I was out of US for more than 9 months. The CBP official had put a remark on the PP saying I was out of US for more than 6 months.

I came out of US in last week of Dec 2020 and may NOT be able to travel within the stipulated 6 months. Will this be an issue at POE again?

Please advise!

I do not interpret the USCIS guidelines as a clear cut black-white type of situation. It is very likely that the officer at the POE next time will likely question your prolonged absence. Read up at the link below, and talk to an immigration attorney to see if you can do some preemptive paperwork to not hit the negative side of GC maintenance requirements

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-we-grant-your-green-card/maintaining-permanent-residence