Can H1B holder working in US get exemption from travel ban for his wife and child who are in India?

I am on H1B working in US and seeking exemption from travel ban for wife and child (who are on H4)who are in India. To request for exemption from travel ban for them, I need to write email to NIE requesting for exemption for my wife and child and also giving the reason for why my presence in United States is necessary to carry out the job duties.

Is exemption possible in my case. If so , any advice? Thanks.

You can always try.  Currently there is no provision giving NIE for spouses (and children) of h1b visa holders.  May be you can cite hardship for your wife and child in India, it will be difficult to cite hardship to you.  

The other option is if this travel ban continue for too long, your wife and child have to spend 14 days outside India and then reach US.  Currently Mexico, Egypt and Serbia are the options.  If you have stamped H1b visa, perhaps you can stay with them in Mexico for 14 days.